So, I haven't seen anyone fall asleep with a sandwich in hand this week at the student union, but I did hear a guy in the bathroom talking to his mom on the phone ... that was awkward and oh so wrong on so many levels.
After being one of the positives in the ACC's first week of action, UNC travels to UConn Saturday in what should be a more formidable opponent than The Citadel.
Here's a look around the Internet:
- UNC climbed both polls to No. 19 after the 40-6 rocking of The Citadel. Interesting to note that Notre Dame jumped UNC in the AP Poll after throttling Nevada ... I guess the rationale is that the Fighting Irish beat an FBS team. Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech and Miami join UNC as the only ranked ACC teams.
- Butch Davis' Monday press conference audio can be downloaded from TarHeelBlue.com. Davis talks about offensive lineman Jonathan Cooper's ankle injury, addressing dropped passes in practice and the wide receivers' improvement.
- Former Tar Heel Richard Quinn faces domestic violence and harassment charges, Yahoo Sports reports. Quinn, a tight end for the Denver Broncos, was arrested Monday after a woman called 911.
- Check out this UConn sports blog for quotes from head coach Randy Edsall on preparing for Carolina. Edsall thinks the defensive front is the Tar Heels' strength, and he respects receiver Joshua Adams.
- ESPN's ACC blogger, Heather Dinich, ranks UNC fifth in her ACC power rankings. Dinich writes that Carolina's place in the league won't fully be understood until the Heels face the Yellow Jackets. The ACC Sports Journal, meanwhile, ranks UNC sixth in its power rankings, and writer Rob Daniels points to UNC's four turnovers as an issue.
That should get you started. Check back Friday morning for the UNC-UConn preview and throughout the week for other breaking news.