SERVICES ANNOUNCED FOR SENATOR VERNON MALONE
RALEIGH - The Malone family announced a schedule of services for the late
State Senator Vernon Malone, who passed away unexpectedly at his home on
Saturday, April 18.
* Viewing of the body will be held Wednesday, April 22 from 9:00 until
4 p.m. at Lea Funeral Home, 2500 Poole Road, Raleigh
* The body will be in repose at Martin Street Baptist Church at 6 p.m.
on Wednesday, April 22.
* Family will receive friends and visitors at 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. at
Martin Street Baptist Church, Raleigh
* Funeral services will be on Thursday, April 23 at 12:00 p.m. at
Martin Street Baptist Church, Raleigh.
* A burial service will immediately follow at the Carolina Biblical
Gardens in Raleigh after the funeral services.
The Malone Family has asked in lieu of flowers that individuals make
contributions to the Senator Vernon Malone Scholarship Foundation at Shaw
University. Donations can be sent to Shaw University, c/o Marilyn Fields,
118 East South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601
"We would like to extend to the great people of Wake County and all of North
Carolina our heart -felt thanks for the love, caring and sympathy, you have
shown our family during this period of grief and loss of our beloved father
and brother. We are truly touched at the outpouring of love and concern and
are humbled at the flood of calls and visits at our home."
The Malone Family
Rod, Barry & LaVerne