Raleigh comp plan: More time needed for review, Rindge says | News

Raleigh comp plan: More time needed for review, Rindge says

by

1 comment

Fresh off her Citizen Award from the Indy, WakeUP Wake County chair Karen Rindge asks the Raleigh City Council to extend the period of public review for the new comprehensive plan. The giant plan, printed copies of which are in very limited supply, was unveiled only a week ago, and the public review period is so far scheduled to end on Jan. 31. With the holidays and various inaugurations in between, it's not enough time, Rindge said in a letter today to Mayor Charles Meeker and his seven council mates:

WakeUP Wake County would like to commend Mitch Silver, Ken Bowers and the

Raleigh planning staff for their tremendous work in producing the large

draft comprehensive plan for our city's future.

Given the importance of this document, we believe that the public should be

given more time to review the more than 300 pages of the draft plan. A

January 31 deadline does not permit citizen groups, made up of volunteers,

the time to read, discuss and provide useful comments. The holidays,

inauguration activities and more will prevent most people from really

examining it during this timeframe. WakeUP respectfully requests that you

move the deadline for public comment to the end of February, 2009.

Every public library is supposed to have a copy of the plan. Otherwise, it's available online on the city's website -- if you know where to look.

Comments

Showing 1-1 of 1

 

Add a comment