We currently have an account executive position open.
Account Executive - Outside sales position
INDY WEEK, an award-winning weekly alternative newspaper that features progressive news, culture & commentary for Raleigh, Cary, Durham & Chapel Hill has an immediate opening for a talented, experienced, highly organized Advertising Sales Representative. The ideal candidate will develop new revenue generating ideas and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Prospecting is a key element of this position; it requires identifying and qualifying, as well as growing, clients for our digital, print, special publications and events.
• Generate advertising revenue by consistently meeting and exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals.
• Develop new business and manage the sales cycle from start to finish.
• Maintain an active schedule of face-to-face appointments, phone appointments and prospecting calls.
• Contribute to a positive team environment.
• Locating decision-makers and researching company backgrounds for their advertising needs
• Consistently identify new accounts while working on existing prospects
• Having excellent communication and dialogue with clients via phone and email
• Must be able to craft proposals and use proper grammar and etiquette
• Communicating via email and phone with other team members
• Giving daily/weekly feedback reports as to the progress of potential accounts
A person residing in the Triangle is a must. The successful candidate is a top producer with strong consultative sales skill, with a proven track record of success in prospecting, business development and client service. He or she excels in developing integrated marketing campaigns across multiple platforms, including digital, print and events. Qualified applicants must be comfortable working with business owners, managing partners and C-level executives.
If you thrive in an environment where you can truly deliver value to your clients, consider joining the INDY WEEK exclusive team.
Excellent written and phone communication, and computer proficiency are skills necessary in a potential candidate. This person must also be outgoing, confident, and a self-starter who is constantly seeking new business avenues. Our Advertising Sales Representatives must be organized and driven to succeed.
Someone with previous sales experience in the field of advertising is ideal, however, someone with strong contacts or a substantial sales background in other areas will be considered.
We offer a competitive pay, potential for bonus, 401K, paid vacation and holidays.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have unpaid internships year-round. To qualify, you must be a college student who receives academic credit for internships.
Arts & Entertainment, Film and Sports: Please email your resume to Arts & Culture Editor Brian Howe.
Music: Please email your resume to Music Editor Allison Hussey.
News/General: Please email your resume to Editor Jeff Billman.