Several Triangle and North Carolina chefs made the list as semifinalists for the James Beard Foundation's 2015 Restaurant and Chef Award categories
. They were announced by the Beard Foundation earlier today.
In the category of "Outstanding Baker" the Triangle is represented by Phoebe Lawless of Scratch Bakery in Durham and Lionel Vatinet of La Farm Bakery in Cary.
The "Best Chef" category is divided into regions and North Carolina nominees in the Southeast region are:
- Katie Button, Cúrate, Asheville
- John Fleer, Rhubarb, Asheville
- Vivian Howard, Chef & the Farmer
- Scott Howell, Nana's, Durham
- Meherwan Irani, Chai Pani, Asheville
- Matthew Kelly, Mateo, Durham
- Aaron Vandemark, Panciuto, Hillsborough