- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded & diced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon style mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, mined
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound skinless chicken breasts
Combine all ingredients except the chicken and pour into a shallow baking dish or zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and place in refrigerator to marinate in jerk seasoning for 4 to 8 hours. Preheat grill. Remove chicken from jerk marinade and pour marinade into a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Place chicken on grill cooking approximately 7 to 10 minutes per side (or until done), basting periodically with remaining jerk marinade.
Appeared in print on 3.25.09.