- Cooking spray
- 2 lbs. large or jumbo shrimp,peeled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbs. salt-free lemon and herbseasoning
- 1 (14-oz.) can coconut milk
- 1 tbs. sugar
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tbs. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 c. chopped dry-roasted peanuts(optional)
Spray a stove-top grill pan or griddle with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. Season shrimp all over with salt, black pepper, and lemon and herb seasoning. Place shrimp on hot pan and cook 2 minutes per side, until bright pink and cooked through. In a medium saucepan, stirring with spoon, combine coconut milk, sugar, curry powder, and ginger. Set pan over medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in cilantro, and transfer to dipping bowls. Top with peanuts, if desired.
Appeared in print on 7.8.09.