1 loaf of bread
6 oz ground sausage or ground turkey sausage
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon dried sage
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 small Golden Delicious apple (cored and chopped)
1/2 cup raisins
1 1/2 cup turkey broth
1 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon melted dairy-free butter (such as Fleischmann's dairy-free margarine)
1. Toast bread and cut into bite size pieces. Place in large bowl.
2. Cook sausage and onions on stove top. Remove grease. Add sage, rosemary, and thyme and stir for 2 minutes.
3. Pour sausage mixture over toasted bread in bowl.
4. Add apples and raisins to bowl.
5. Add broth and butter, adjusting the amount depending on whether you prefer a moist or dry stuffing.
6. Bake at 350 degrees until done (about an hour).
* Joyce often substitutes gluten-free Schar white bread, which can be found at Harmony Farms in Raleigh *
Recipe courtesy of Caper Lauver