- 1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups peeled and sliced cooking apples
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped cream, if desired
Preheat oven to 400 F
Crust: Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter and cinnamon until well blended. Press mixture into an 8- or 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
Filling: Beat cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes or until creamy. Add egg and vanilla, beating until blended. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
Topping: Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apple slices, tossing until coated. Arrange apple slices over cream cheese filling. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
Bake for 35 minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven; cool in pan on a wire rack. Serve warm. Top with whipped cream, if desired.
Appeared in print on 6/23/10