Give!Guide 2013 information
What is INDY Week's Give!Guide?
It's a print and web guide whose primary goal is to facilitate year-end giving to a cross-section of Triangle-area nonprofit organizations. INDY’s Give!Guide is inserted in all copies of INDYWeek, and functions much like a catalog. Donors can select one, two or multiple organizations and make a donation online in a single, easy transaction.
What are the Give!Guide's goals?
- To encourage people age 18-35 to get involved in philanthropy
- To attract new donors and/or volunteers to these causes
- To provide publicity and exposure for a variety of local non-profits
What are the benefits of giving through the Give!Guide?
There are special incentives and prize packages for donors at every level of giving. In addition, as with any philanthropy, donors get to feel they’re engaging in a larger community.
Before you apply:
- Your application must be submitted by 11:59 on July 15.
- Make sure to save a copy of your application in a separate document.
- If you are chosen to participate in the Give!Guide and accept, there is a $200 fee. Following the conclusion of the G!G, 2% of your total amount raised will go towards covering credit card transaction fees and administrative costs. No fee is required to apply.
- The Give!Guide campaign requires significant involvement by the nonprofits chosen. This includes fundraising with Give!Guide not only in terms of social networking but also in setting up a partner who can help raise funds through challenges, matching donations, or any other creative means you can invent. Please make sure you and your organization are in position to make such a commitment.
- Give!Guide does not raise money FOR nonprofits, but works in partnership WITH nonprofits to increase awareness and development efforts.
Criteria for nonprofit partners includes, but is not limited to:
- Recognition as a 501(c)(3) by the IRS
- Triangle based
- Successful fundraising history from a variety of sources
- A clear mission that positively resonates with the INDY Give!Guide committee.
- Commitment to be involved in Give!Guide, including, but not limited to
fundraising and marketing.
- INDY Give!Guide committee will be looking to partner with 20-35 small, medium and large nonprofits with a good representation from all corners of the Triangle.
Please feel free to recommend a nonprofit to participate in our 2014 campaign by emailing email@example.com. Please include the name and email address of the organization's development director.