Welcome to INDY Week's Give!Guide page.
What is INDY Week's Give!Guide?
This program helps fund and promote local nonprofits by encouraging year-end giving. The aim is to instill the annual-giving habit in Triangle residents, especially those under the age of 36. Donors can select one, two or multiple organizations and make a donation online in a single, easy transaction.
What are the Give!Guide's goals?
• To encourage people age 18-35 to get involved in philanthropy
• To attract new donors and/or volunteers to these causes
• To provide publicity and exposure for a variety of local non-profits
What are the benefits of giving through the Give!Guide?
There are special incentives and prize packages for donors at every level of giving. In addition, as with any philanthropy, donors get to feel they’re engaging in a larger community.
Before you apply:
• Your application must be submitted by 11:59 pm on July 19, 2015
• Make sure to save a copy of your application in a separate document.
• If you are chosen to participate in the Give!Guide and accept, there is a $325 fee.
• Following the conclusion of the G!G, 3.25% of your total amount raised will go towards covering credit card transaction fees and administrative costs. No fee is required to apply.
• The Give!Guide campaign requires significant involvement by the nonprofits chosen.
• This includes fundraising with Give!Guide not only in terms of social networking but also in setting up partners who can help raise funds through challenges, matching donations, or any other creative means you can invent. Please make sure you and your organization are in position to make such a commitment.
• Give!Guide does not raise money FOR nonprofits, but works in partnership WITH nonprofits to increase awareness and development efforts.
Criteria for nonprofit partners includes, but is not limited to:
• Recognition as a 501(c)(3) by the IRS
• Triangle based
• Successful fundraising history from a variety of sources
• A clear mission that positively resonates with the INDY Give!Guide committee.
• Commitment to be involved in Give!Guide, including, but not limited to fundraising and marketing.
• INDY Give!Guide committee will be looking to partner with 30-35 small, medium and large nonprofits with a good representation from all corners of the Triangle.
If you have questions about the give guide, please email Susan Harper
Please include the name and email address of the organization's development director.
Give!Guide 2014 ran from November 11 to December 31, 2014. We accepted 38 organizations of various sizes from around the Triangle to participate in the program. All 38 nonprofits can be found on the Nonprofits page on the Give!Guide website: give.indyweek.com
. We are happy to say we surpassed our goal and raised $156,000 for these nonprofits. Thank you for your generosity and support!